Thursday 14 April 2011

Osaka Castle

I paid a visit to Osaka castle a couple of days ago to take a look at the cherry blossom for one more time before it all disappears. I had been to the castle a few years ago during the winter but this time the weather was much more agreeable and the sun was shining. I cycled to the castle from home which takes about 40 mins and parked my bike just outside the park. Rather than go into the castle itself this time I took a route around the building and through the park and gardens that surround the moat. There were still many people out enjoying the cherry trees in bloom from old couples to young office workers out for a picnic.

It took me around an hour to do a complete tour of the grounds but it was very enjoyable and nice to know such a fantastic place is a mere bike ride away!
The castle

Workers tending to the plum grove

Young couples out for a stroll

Picnics in the park

The castle moat

Office buildings loom in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment