Monday 11 October 2010

Buranfure-ku

Every day for the past week I have been eating inch thick white toast with a generous knob of delicious Hokkaido butter for breakfast. This week however I decided to start eating a little healthier so I was pleased to see a box of Kellogg's bran flakes (or buranfure-ku) nestled within the limited selection of cereals at our local supermarket. Apart from the Japanese writing I thought they looked pretty much like good old fashioned bran flakes that I knew and sort of loved, however I was slightly shocked to discover upon eating that they were as sweet as a bowl of Frosties! Not only that, they have a very different, crispier texture.

Despite probably being less healthier than the flakes back home, I do like the Japanese variety and will carry on eating. At least they still keep you regular!

Buranfure-ku

2 comments: