Sunday 17 October 2010

Unleash your geek! Part 2

I gave into temptation again recently (seems to be happening a lot I'm afraid) and purchased a second Famicom game from 'Mandarake' a well known shop specializing in vintage toys, games and manga.

Who needs death and destruction when you can play a game about re-uniting penguins in love? You play the game by controlling one of two penguins, the other one mirroring your moves in reverse. The goal on each screen is to make the penguins meet each other either side of a heart at the top, whilst avoiding spiders and webs. These obstacles can be zapped by a beam each character possess (don't ask me why a penguin would own a laser beam) apart from flames that appear on later levels.

Overall, a recommendation for fans of the 'penguins in love trapped in mazes' genre.





6 comments:

  1. Awwww, just had a wave of nostalgia come over me... May have to buy a nes over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you downloaded any retro games on the wii?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cartridge! Wasn't Malon a character at the farm in Zelda? Is that a common Japanese name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tackiness of the cartridge, nice pink! Malon was the girl on the farm in Zelda, I don't think its a Japanese name though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BINARY LAND!I used to play this with my cousins after bath..GRIN..it's supposed to be Green?hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you can relive your childhood memories and have a game when you come and visit!

    Is the cartridge supposed to be green?

    ReplyDelete